Kali ni saya cuba resepi Mixed Seafood Tom Yum (Tom Yum Taleh) dari Temple of Thai. Senang dan cepat, Rasanya pun boleh tahan.
- 3 cups water
- 1-2 pcs fresh lemon grass, tough tops cut off, cut into 3" lengths
- 3 pcs garlic, smashed with the side of the cleaver
- 2 tsp of sea salt (only!)
- 2 small whole squid (optional), cleaned and sliced crosswise into 1/2" rings
- 3/4-1 lb dark, oily flesh fish such as mackerel, cleaned and cut into 3" long pieces (including bones and head if you like)
- 1/4 lb small to medium-sized shrimp, heads and shell removed, tail intact
- 2-3 limes, juiced
- 3-4 pcs fresh kaffir lime leaf
- 4+ fresh Thai chilies (prik kee noo), as few/many as you like
- Fish sauce,
- Fresh tomato, sliced lengthwise into 6 pieces
Bring water, lemon grass, garlic, and sea salt to a boil for 4 minutes. There should be just enough water to cover the seafood once it is all added, by about 1 inch.
Add squid and fish. Boil another 2 minutes. Add shrimps. Add juice of 2 limes, kaffir lime leaf, chilies. Taste and adjust seasoning with fish sauce if needed. Add tomato. Turn off heat. Serve with large soup spoons and jasmine rice.